Wednesday, July 10

Home

There is nature and humanity and the animal kingdom and we are slowly but surely destroying it all
and to feel so helpless amidst all this hurt is by far my most excruciating curse.

But I know I will make changes, small but sure and always for the better. Person by creature by plant at a time, I promise I'll fix what I can in this life.

Because money will not quench when the ocean has dried up and it will not fill the stomachs of farmers without fields - it can't bring back the life of a poached beast, or slaughtered pig or hunter's meat.

Money can only excuse and justify for so long, until the lions are forced to starve the sheep and die lonely in their castles overlooking our streets filled with bodies and tears for what we couldn't see when life was simple and ignorant and compassion was for the weak.

I am no pioneer, there are thousands like me - with hearts that ache for the starved face on TV. But who will stand and fight and dedicate their life, to something that won't give them a castle on a hill, or a private school, could you sacrifice wealth and material things for more trees and a world without fear and poverty?

I guess it comes down to priorities, but I'll stand and I'll fight and I'll dedicate my life, and hope that one day more will join me.