Friday, November 30

There's no such thing

There's a monster in my hands and he's pushing you away,
he knows that you're unhappy and he likes it that way.

There's a monster in my head and now he's telling me to leave,
so I'll do as he says, to give myself reprieve.

There's a monster in my bed and he's laying down with her,
so I'll sit back and watch, despite the hurt it will incur.

There's a monster on my tongue and he wants to steal your smile,
but I won't give in to him, at least not for a while.

Now the monster's in my hand and he's picking up the phone,
he's telling you we're better off with her than all alone.

I've stopped fighting for my voice and dealing with the pain,
my monster needs the warmth, so he is all to blame.

My monster stays quiet now, he's content with how things are,
I guess ignorance is easier than healing all my scars.

But I've stopped looking in the mirror for fear of what I'll see,
because nowadays it's clear that there's no monster, there's just me.
At 8:30am a learner driver turned right from the middle lane and ran straight into my car.. this is a pretty accurate portrayal of how I am feeling.