Thursday, August 9

Oh how I want to be in that number!

Is it just me, or is it unfair that Gods from all religions rely entirely on faith? They show no real sign of their existence (not to me, at least), yet we are expected to believe and praise and spread the word - or we are doomed to hell. I live my life politely, I give to those in need and I smile at strangers, but I cannot bring myself to believe in a God. Am I going to hell? Am I doomed because of my scepticism? They say that when you believe, you will see Him. I believed, for most of my life, and nothing came of it.

Now, I believe in the universe - you get back what you give out.

We are put on the earth for a short time, so why not enjoy it? Why not take risks with young love and sex? Go out and try substances that will alter your perception. Travel and experience different religions and cultures. Accept and respect the beliefs of all the people around you.

If there is a God, he/she should want his creations to live life to the fullest and be grateful for their time. We should be judged by our treatment of the earth and all the creatures living on it, not by our ability to trust a potential myth.